Weather App with current rainfall info

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Angelo921, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

Is there a reliable weather app that displays accurately the current rainfall info for a city (not chance of precipitation)? It doesnt have to have a widget but that would be a plus.

2. Shawzborne macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

Rainmeter but only works for Americans :( it also has a widget

3. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the quick response. Im in America. I tried searching the app store but couldnt find it though.

4. Shawzborne macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

5. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

6. Shawzborne macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

I really want the app but they won't add to Canadian App Store and won't add Canadian cities to the American one

----------

http://appbrewllc.com/raincast/

7. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

Does raincast actually show the amount of rain that is falling in a particular city or just the forecasted rain fall?

8. Shawzborne macrumors 6502a

Shawzborne

9. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

10. DrkStr macrumors newbie

Try Dark Skies. I just got it not too long ago and it seems to be working well.

11. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dark Skies just like Raincast looks like it's more of a forecast rather than rain amount shown in inches while it's falling.

12. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

To me it sounds like you are looking for radar. That is the only app that shows rainfall and direction of movement. If that's the case, Radarscope is the best app. best $10 I've spent on an app. You can even put locations in for where you will be. GPS For where you presently located.

13. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, Is Radarscope pretty accurate in your opinion regarding reporting how much rainfall has fallen in your area as it falls?

14. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

Radarscope shows the rain that is presently falling as well as other data that meteorologist use. The data comes from the NWS network of radars. The data is usually nearly live to 6-10 minutes old. There is no actual live radar as they have to make a sweep of the area. But it is accurate.

Rainfall accumulations are not very accurate IMO. They have a couple of products but the data isn't exact. It does give you an idea of what area received the highest concentration of rainfall.

Radarscope is the app used by most storm chasers. http://radarscope.tv

Actual rain fallen needs a source of live reporters. There is an app called rain gauge. I haven't used it so I have no clue how accurate it is.

I don't care about the total rainfall. I want to know where it is raining in relationship to me or to where I am headed.

15. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you