Weather app with dynamic icon?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by njaremka, Feb 1, 2011.

1. njaremka macrumors 6502

i am currently a blackberry user, and i use the app BerryWeather. this app has a dynamic icon that changes with the weather updates. it also uses push notifications for weather advisories.

is there a similar app for the iphone that has a dynamic icon with push advisory notifications? there are sooooo many iphone waether apps, i dont want to have to go through all of them to find one that does what i want it to.

thanks. :D

2. bengtc macrumors regular

There are none, you will have to jailbreak your phone if you want that feature.

3. njaremka thread starter macrumors 6502

ah, that stinks. oh well, i'll have to find a different app then.

4. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

The usefulness of this feature has always eluded me. If you want to know what the weather is like right now can you not just look out of the window? :)

5. njaremka thread starter macrumors 6502

really? :rolleyes:

where i work, we have no windows to look outside, and i have to go for a walk just to see whats going on outside. plus, its very useful to just look at the screen to see the weather, instead of opening the app every time.

6. ZilogZ80, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

That is unfortunate. You have my sympathies. I used to work in a place with no windows, it was horrible.

Anyway: back on topic! http://en.kioskea.net/faq/10658-weathericon-compatible-ios-4
    you will need to jailbreak (which I would currently not recommend for a brand new iPhone but hopefully this will change soon)