Weather app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bhigh8, Dec 20, 2012.

1. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

so i have had this iphone for 2 months now and iphone 4 prior to that and never had this happen so i need some help. The weather alert just went off and scared the crap out of me. started with all these sirens. is there a way to turn it off but still have it in notifications for the pull down?

i cant imagine this is the first time there has been a weather alert. i live in the midwest.

please help.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yes, go to notifications, select the Weather app and select No for the sound option.

3. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

that was the first thing i tried. it doesnt have that option. just the option to have in notification center or not. thats it.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Are you sure it is the default weather app that issued the audio notification, and not some other app?

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I don't think there is any alert sounds for the stock weather app.

6. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

What weather application are you using? Apple's stock weather app? The Weather channel?

7. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

i have the stock weather app and the weather channel. the weather channel is off. and apples app wont let me control sound. i have had these apps for a year. never heard a thing. no idea what happened.

----------

i have no notifications on for anything but phone and messages.

----------

turns out i was just telling my buddy and he said he was out for lunch and heard about 20 phones all do the same thing at the same time. so looks like it wasnt just me.

what could have caused this.

8. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

9. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

verizon. but my friend got it on ATT.

----------

this has to be it.....thanks. kind of annoys me that i would get a forced government alert for 3 inches of snow. we all know snow is coming. now i will turn it off and not get an actual important alert.