Weather application for TOP BAR?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by red42, Dec 10, 2009.

1. red42 macrumors regular

Hi there,

Mac Semi-newbie here.

i'm a looking for an application that displays the weather in the top bar. Actually using the dashboard is too long a process and disturbs my ebb and flow.

Thank you, and i love you all.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Here you go. I like Weatherbug.

Here is mine:
    Voila_Capture22.jpg

I use weatherbug widgets for more extensive weather and to see the weather in other cities/states.

3. red42 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, have found some great lil applications for the top bar!;)

4. astroot macrumors regular

I used WeatherVane for a while, then I decided to go with a GeekTool display of my weather. WeatherVane is a great little program.

5. jon08 macrumors 68000

Depends on what you're looking for. If you only want the display of the temperature of a certain city in your menubar, then the above-mentioned Weatherbug is more than enough. There are other, better weather apps like Weathervane, Weatherdock, Weathersnitch and my personal favorite, Meteorologist.

Personally, I'd take Meteorologist over any other weather menubar apps. Why? It is very customizable, offers city-cycling (you can have more than one city saved, and it will cycle all of them every min or more - depends how you set it), and is just neat. The only downside to it is that it sometimes gets stuck when updating the weather conditions, but usually quitting the app and relaunching it fixes this problem.

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I love Meteorologist. I wish it was still supported and upgraded, but it's still continuing to work which is all that matters I guess :)

7. jon08 macrumors 68000

I know. They promised v. 2.0 long time ago, but nothing happened. It's really a shame because Meteo is the best menubar weather app around, and it would really be perfect if they just could fix that little issue with updating weather conditions that sometimes shows up. Do you ever experience it?