Weather application is not giving the right temperature

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Big Byte, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Big Byte macrumors regular

I live in Toronto, Ontario and the temperature on the weather application is incorrect - the application always says that the temperature (and the forecast) is about 10 - 15 C higher than what it actually is. I have the application set for Toronto and celsius. Any suggestions as to why?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Yahoo! Weather (which is where it sources it's data) is wrong?

3. Big Byte thread starter macrumors regular

No, Yahoo! Weather is fine, but to get to that, I have to open the weather app and then click on Yahoo! Weather. I'm talking about the weather app itself - the temperature (and forecast) it gives (which doesn't require me to click on Yahoo! Weather to see) is always incorrect.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The temperature and forecast in the app should be the same as on Yahoo! Weather: that is where the app sources it's data from.

5. Big Byte thread starter macrumors regular

I would have thought so, too, but it's not and I can't figure out why!

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I can only assume that Apple are not scraping the data from the HTML of the web page but are using some API to read the data and there is an issue/delay on that feed...

7. Big Byte thread starter macrumors regular

You may be right, but I found a solution and here is what I did:

1) I tapped the info button and added two cities, the second one I added being Toronto;

2) I deleted the original Toronto and the first city that I added (leaving only the second one, i.e. Toronto, that I added; and

3) voila - the weather app works fine!

Thanks for your help.

8. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Wow! Good that it's fixed, but that's pretty odd. Maybe by re-adding it the app had to re-lookup the feed for that city and got an updated/fixed version?

9. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Always gotta make sure you add the right one. I had this problem once and someone pointed out that there was more than one Denver in the U.S. so I entered my zip code and it's been correct ever since.

10. Robster100 macrumors newbie

Very strange, I was having exactly the same problem, EVERY single place in weather app had the same temperature and I had some VERY different locations.

Deleted them all added them back one at a time and now everything is fine.

Now I get the right temperature on my Apple Watch! :)

11. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

Glad you got it sorted out. That's one app that I use every day and like for it to be accurate.