Weather Channel Dashboard Widget Gone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dacreativeguy, Jul 8, 2009.

1. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Anyone know what happened to the weather channel widget? It is non-functional and crashing dashboard. I checked my other machine that has it and the same thing happened.

I thought I'd look for a newer version but it seems as if it has been removed from Apple's site as well. Strange.

2. glasserp macrumors regular

yeah there is a thread for this in the mac os x forum. a couple of people, including myself are experiencing it. weird.

3. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Interesting. My weather widget seems to be working fine, except that every time I open Dashboard, it seems to have moved up or down from its original "parked" position on the desktop. Not a major problem but wondered if others have experienced this?

4. rwskemer macrumors regular

Same problem here too! I wonder what the issue is?

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

6. AWOLGolfer macrumors newbie

Weather Channel Widget and Weather Channel Screen Saver

I have had issues with both the Weather Channel widget and screen saver. I continued to get a warning message on my dashboard when I activated my widgets. I called Apple Support and we were able to determine it was the widget that was giving me an issue. The Apple Support person was able to duplicate the issue validating the problem. We're thinking that the WC may have changed servers. If you visit their web site, they acknowledge that there is an issue and that "they are working on it." Geeezzzzzz, it's been 3 days! Too bad, both are typically very good.:apple::apple::apple:

7. rcm3 macrumors member

It's just freakin gone. It's no longer even on Apple's website.

8. syst.m macrumors newbie

9. glasserp macrumors regular

10. mesa macrumors newbie

1) Apple's Weather widget != Weather Channel widget

2) Yes, Apple's weather widget moves if your local forecast changes between the last time you looked at the widget compared to the local forecast that is displayed on the widget after a reboot/relogin/relaunch-Dashboard.

11. happygodavid macrumors member

happygodavid

Same the problems for over a month. Tried the above link. Worked. Nice!