Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Weather Channel vs. Weather App In Notifications

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I like the idea of having the weather display in my notifications but it is the one built into iOS, which is powered by Yahoo Weather. I've always used the Weather Channel app and I'm noticing the current weather displayed by both are off by more than five degrees.

Anybody else with both apps noticing this as well?

JudgeKenny

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
It's not just you -

I am in Cleveland right now and I'm getting:
weather channel app: 47
iOS weather app: 53

Comment

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
It looks like Yahoo tends to provide higher temperatures, then. Maybe I'm just OCD but it drives me nuts and I'm more inclined to trust TWC. Hopefully TWC will update their app and allow it to show up in my notifications just like Yahoo's.

Comment

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
It looks like Yahoo tends to provide higher temperatures, then. Maybe I'm just OCD but it drives me nuts and I'm more inclined to trust TWC. Hopefully TWC will update their app and allow it to show up in my notifications just like Yahoo's.

Agreed. I like TWC app better but I hate having to open it when I can just slide down the bar and see our weather app. Hopefully we can add 3rd party apps to the notifications one day. Sigh. :(

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.