Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Weather data is missing from notification center in iOS 8

RickMC

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
I have location settings turned on but no weather data appears when I swipe down the notification center. When I go to Notification Center in settings it doesn't even show the option to have weather info. Anyone else have this issue?

RickMC

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Yes I have today summary. It shows the date, but no weather info.

Comment

RickMC

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Yes, location services are on for weather and Today Summary is on for the notification center. Weather app is working fine when I open it but no weather data in my notification center.

----------

Problem solved. Did a reset of the phone and now its working. I was just being impatient.

Comment

Koolaid74

macrumors member
May 13, 2011
I am noticing the same thing. It was there earlier today after updating to iOS8. But it's gone now. I have a feeling it's a bug.

----------

I just hard reset the phone and it is showing up again. Looks like it's a bug.

I've found a few of these already. SwiftKey doesn't always get activated and defaults to the Quicktype (default Apple Keyboard) sometimes, even though I had selected SwiftKey in previous sessions of a particular app.

Comment

guinness8878

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2009
I turned wifi off then opened the weather app to update location then back to notifications and it fixed it on our two phones.

Comment

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
as of right now mine is gone too, "the high today will be --", this could also be the weather channel thats at fault as the data is coming from them now not yahoo

Comment

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I am noticing the same thing. It was there earlier today after updating to iOS8. But it's gone now. I have a feeling it's a bug.

----------

I just hard reset the phone and it is showing up again. Looks like it's a bug.

I've found a few of these already. SwiftKey doesn't always get activated and defaults to the Quicktype (default Apple Keyboard) sometimes, even though I had selected SwiftKey in previous sessions of a particular app.

Make SwiftKey the default keyboard and it will always appear first.

Comment

aham23

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
no weather since my update yesterday. reboots & resets did nothing. all location settings seem right.

Comment

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
no weather since my update yesterday. reboots & resets did nothing. all location settings seem right.

I've never seen Weather since updating a 5, a 5s and an iPod5 to iOS yesterday. All settings seem correct.

I vote for bug. Hopefully fixed in 8.01

I would use the Yahoo Weather! app widgit except that when I let it use my current location, it never stops looking for location and sucks my battery dry.

Comment

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I've never seen Weather since updating a 5, a 5s and an iPod5 to iOS yesterday. All settings seem correct.

I vote for bug. Hopefully fixed in 8.01

I would use the Yahoo Weather! app widgit except that when I let it use my current location, it never stops looking for location and sucks my battery dry.

Open the weather app. Your local whether will likely be blank like this.

Swipe around a bit and let it load. Once it's loaded check your notification shade again.

Comment

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Open the weather app. Your local whether will likely be blank like this.

Swipe around a bit and let it load. Once it's loaded check your notification shade again.

OK I did that and it still didn't work. Then I turned off WiFi and finally it worked.

I had to do this for the two iphones - open weather app and turn off WiFi.

but the iPod5 I had to reboot it also and it finally came up.

I hope it stays up.

Last edited:
Comment

Xtremjeepn

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2014
Having the same issue since updating to 8.0.2 at 1 am last night.

I seem to have no options for the stock weather app anywhere!

Comment

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Having the same issue since updating to 8.0.2 at 1 am last night.

I seem to have no options for the stock weather app anywhere!

Go into Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make certain that Weather (The Weather Channel), the top listing, is set to Always.

Then go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and make certain that Background App Refresh is turned ON and also that both Weather entries ((The Weather Channel & Weather, top & near bottom of list) are turned ON. Back out of Settings.

Try Notification Center again.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.