iPhone Weather Displays "--" as high temp..

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by boxermansr, Jul 10, 2015.

1. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

I've had this issue since at least IOS 8.1.2 (I may have had it longer, just never really noticed or paid attention). For some reason around 6-7 PM nightly if I look at the weather it shows the current temp but it shows the day's "high temp" as just "--". If I pull weather down from the NC it does the same - for example it would say it's currently <whatever temp> today's high was forecast as "--".

It's doing this on my device (8.4 jail broken), and my wife's (not jail broken) so I doubt it's the fact that I'm jail broken (both devices are 8.4 btw). I travelled this past weekend, and in the cities that I was in during the evening, the same thing with the high being displayed as just "--" (seems again to happen around the 6PM-7PM range) and stays that way until I assume the next day, since I haven't stayed up until midnight just to see if it changes.

Anyhow, no clue if this is something screwy with the weather app, and/or if anyone else has experienced it?

Thanks.

2. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

The same thing happens to me. I assume it happens after the high has already occurred for the day. I've never seen that "high was forecast as..." wording, though.

3. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

Mine does that too. It's weird/lame.

The stock Weather app is so fast and displays info so nicely (and I've tried 'em all) -- I wish they'd put some work into ironing out these bugs and adding a little more info, to make it even better.

Btw, while we're on the subject; I hate how the Weather info is displayed in the "Today" widget. I just want to see current temp, conditions, and high/low temps (and maybe % of precip.), like any good Weather widget provides. That cryptic little sentence -- "Partly cloudy currently. The high was forecast at..." does no good. (And why can't it report the actual high, once it's been tracked and recorded? Who cares what it was "forecast" at?)