Weather elements with lockinfo question.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rooftop voter, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Since I have been having issues with lockinfo playing nicely with bitesms, with regards to the clock and text message rendering messing up (which was caused by the weather plug in) I decided to use weather elements as my lock screen so I can have some weather info displayed, and not have the lockscreen be so plain. Anyway, it's working great as far as the main screen goes, but with lockinfo on, I can't use the arrows for weather elements to move around to see other info. Anyone know of a way to be able to use the arrows the lock info on?

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I had the same issue involving LockInfo and a different lockscreen (although I am using Weather Elements for my lockscreen at the moment).

After playing around with it, this is what I came up with.

In LockInfo (in the settings), disable the "Lockscreen". I then went into "Infoshade" and set the activation gesture...in my case I set it to "Swipe Left" across the status bar. Now, when I'm on the lockscreen, I can use the arrows on Weather Elements to change to the forecast, but if I need to see LockInfo, I just swipe left across the status bar and the infoshade slides down.

If you've got the lockscreen enabled for LockInfo, it has some sort of overlay that covers the entire lockscreen, thus keeping you from being able to "touch" the click-able parts of a lockscreen theme. By using the infoshade instead, this overlay is removed and everything works as it should.

Hope this helps!

3. Rooftop voter thread starter macrumors 6502a