iPhone Weather gone from Today screen, and Messages app looks the same as iOS 7...?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by shenan1982, Sep 17, 2014.

1. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

So I always had my "today the temperature will be...." in my Today screen above stocks, under the date. Now there's no weather there..... Thought it was supposed to come default\built in? I can edit the widgets and add Yahoo weather, but I want the default iOS weather apple advertised as being "new and improved" ... what the heck?

I dunno, I'm not overly impressed with iOS 8 thus far. Thought the messages app was completely new, but it looks exactly the same.

2. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

For weather to show up in the Notification Center, make sure you have location enabled for "Weather".

3. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

not showing up for me either, and I do have location services on for that app

4. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

First I opened the weather app and verified it was showing info for the location I am at. Then I did a reboot. Works now.

5. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I have it enabled, and still nada.

Tried turning the location off then on, still nothing.

Not sure about iOS 8... hrmmm

----------

This worked for me just now. A bug to say the least. Basic systems app should work without issue, this is really bad for Apple.

Why is it when I get an Android OS update I poke around and say "wow, cool, so many fun new features" ... yet I find myself regretting updating whenever I move up an iOS version? Ugh.