Weather Icon Fix from Xadacka doesn't work

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by metoo6000, Feb 23, 2008.

1. metoo6000 macrumors regular

I installed 'Weather Icon Fix' made by Xadacka from installer to my iphone 1.1.3 version, and my weather application is no longer exist. I am sure that the application is there, but simply the icon is disappeared but don't know how to recover it. Anyone had a same experience or know how to fix this?

Thanks,

2. nukenine macrumors newbie

Weather Icon Fix - thanks for nothing

Installed the xadacka Weather Icon Fix - and now my weather icon is gone. Uninstall, still gone.
    Thanks man, now it's raining and I didn't know about it.

Any suggestions how to fix my issue would be highly appreciated.

3. René20 macrumors newbie

problem

Same problem here on a 1.1.3

Tried replacing the icon.png in applications\weather.app\, but no result. I also checked the rights, but 0644 is ok.

René

4. nlode macrumors newbie

I got an email from the developer, he will post a fix tonight (see below)

"Hey Man,

I am sooooooo sorry about this, Seriously i messed up, The icon fix IS a valid fix but when it installs it sets the permissions to 000, Don't worry, there will be a fix tonight, itll put your icon back AND itll let you theme it....

So sorry again, Please try not to be pissed with me,
    Any Further questions just email me back....

Thanks,
    Xadacka

--
    James Cooney.
    CEO, Xadacka Productions"

5. nukenine macrumors newbie

Weather Gone

Cool response from Xadacka, I got the mail too.
    Now that's what I call service - they guy at least responds and promises a fix, and a timeline. Good stuff, I'll patiently wait.
    The weather is crap anyway today :p.

6. z3no macrumors newbie

chmod 644 /Applications/Weather.app/Info.plist

It will fix the problem ;)

7. René20 macrumors newbie

Just tried is, lost my sprinboard.....:(

8. z3no macrumors newbie

I had same problem, I went on info.plist (I use transmit) and I changed the permission from 000 to 644... Then reboot my iphone, problem solved!

9. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Haha, I was just about to post a thread on this topic! But I guess someone beat me too it.

I'll try the CHMOD now and see how it works. ;)

EDIT - Yup, all works good now :D

10. rje macrumors regular

Where exactly is info.plist. I can't find it, using Cyberduck.

I can't find chmod 644 /Applications/Weather.app/Info.plist.

11. noway macrumors regular

noway

I also use cyberduck and has no clue on what to do.. plz help!

12. pik. macrumors 6502

pik.

same problem here...now I ll just wait for the fix...I don t want to do restore...:p

edit!!!!!!

just found a better way!!!!!!

Run Poof make weather hide then unhide..... and done!!!!!!!!!

byeeeeee

13. rje macrumors regular

14. metoo6000 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I got the email too. Thanks to the developer who response quickly and trying to solve problems.

15. rje macrumors regular

16. joerguk macrumors newbie

Weather still not working

I installed the fix as well, had the same issues as mentioned in the previous posts, then followed the instructions, chmod..., poof..., initial succes and the weather icon was back though when launching the application I only get a blank screen. I've re-installed weather.app twice now and still nothing...any ideas what to do next? many thanks

updated: 10.15hrs:)
    downloaded the weather.app again from a different source and re-installed it again, so all is well by now...yiphiiiiii

17. mojail macrumors newbie

still have problems...

Hi,

I had the same problem after installing weather.app, and i deleted the weather.app application and installed a backup to solve the problem.

But it was a stupid thing to do coz my backup was for 1.1.2 and my current firmware version is 1.1.3

So after i installed the new version if the fix, i have my icon back, but i get a blank screen...

Does anyone know a source to download the application for 1.1.3 please? I dont want to restore my phone...

Thank you for you reply,

Maroun

18. Xadacka macrumors newbie

my bad

Woah...was doing some SEO and saw this link...Sorry guys
    the fix is up and all that stuff, it was a big problem, woke up to 200 emails on iphone, then when i got on gmail there was 340 more...thats 540 emails! got about 33 every 15 mins for the rest of the day...

Sorry to anyone it affected, but if you install it now itll do what it ways it will....
    -Xadacka

19. khempfer macrumors newbie

HI

I'm new to all this so please bear with me if the question may seem a bit repetitive.

I've been trying to fiddle around with the themes and icons and have gotten to a stage where I'm stuck on the Icon for the Weather.app. I goggled my query and found this link. I've noticed that there's a fix on installer to fix a problem but not sure if the problem is the same as mine.

What I've encountered is that I can't change the icon for the Weather app. Is the fix for this issue?

many thanx

Oh, I'v got an iPod Touch 8GB 1.1.4 Jailbroken with Ziphone