Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I have researched this and it seems to not be working. Is that correct?

If it is working, what do I need from Cydia apart from WeatherIcon? Do I have to download anything else. I really just want the temperature in the status bar.

What other neat things can I add to the status bar?

Thanks.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Works fine for me under 3.0

Just install thru Cydia, respring and go to Settings/WeatherIcon to toggle on temp switch.

If you also want to use it to show active weather icon in place of iPhone Weather, AccuWeather or whichever, then you need a weather Icons theme.

3775941836_93b5203850.jpg

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
Works fine for me in 3.0, and the developer says it's supposed to. Make sure you're downloading version 2.2.3.

Also, if you want the picure of the weather in your status bar or on the weather app, make sure you download a theme (Katra, Klear, or Smoog each have one) :)

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Also, if you want the picure of the weather in your status bar or on the weather app, make sure you download a theme (Katra, Klear, or Smoog each have one) :)

By theme, are you referring to a theme for the weather icon? I currently have the theme called Fading Icons. Will it work with this theme?

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
By theme, are you referring to a theme for the weather icon? I currently have the theme called Fading Icons. Will it work with this theme?

I should've phrased that better, sorry. Your current theme is fine. You will just also want to download a weather icon set, which are what the three things I named are. Then you'll apply the icons in winterboard and you should be set :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.