Weather Icon....Time of Day Incorrect

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Resist, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

Lately using the weather icon on my Touch will show the incorrect time of day for my city. For instance it will show it is day outside when it is actually night out. The other cities I have in my Touch have been correct. It updates, but for some reason it glitches the time of day. This happen to anyone else?

I just opened the weather icon after my Touch was in power save mode and it now changed the time of day to night, which is correct. What is going on?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the weather icon? are you sure? I dont see any icon that shows correct time.

weather is for weather forecasts not time I'm confused by what you are on about

3. dagored macrumors 65816

Its not you. Its Yahoo. Think about it some of the cities are correct and some are not. The Touch can only display the data it receives from Yahoo for the weather. My temperature was off by 15 degrees for a short period yesterday.

Mine has been flaky the last two days. Right now it is correct.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

oooohhh you mean the days temperature? oh well the weather icon isnt meant to show the temperature its just an icon image so it will never show the temperature.

5. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I didn't say anything about the correct time. I said the time of day. Meaning, day or night.

6. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Did I say anything about temperature? No! I said time of day, meaning either day or night.

7. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Where is everyone getting that I meant temperature? Read my post!

8. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

I have had this same problem for the last few weeks, also.

I live in Alpharetta, which is a suburb of Atlanta.

So, I have both of those cities in my weather app, as well as London, UK (where I lived for five years), and Yecla, Spain (my girlfriend's home).

All cities continue to show the correct temperatures and time of day, except Alpharetta will sometimes be inaccurate.

I have seen multiple times that Alpharetta is showing night time (during the middle of the day) and about 15 degrees cooler than Atlanta, though they are only 30 minutes apart.

I have had my iPhone since iDay (June 29), but it seems these weather inaccuracies have only happened over the last few weeks.

On a side note, I have always thought Yahoo's services suck.

9. intempo808 macrumors regular

iPod Touch/ iPhone doesn't have a changing icon i.e it doesn't change to a moon at night or a sun during the day. It has never done that.
    ;)

10. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

But it'd be one hell of a trick if it did.

11. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

It is not the actual icon that I am referring to.

The weather app is not displaying the correct information when launched after pressing the icon.

12. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

What the H*** is wrong with everyone here? Can't you read?

The OP is saying that when he touches the weather icon it brings up the weather conditions for his home location. However, when it is daytime the weather shows on the darker nighttime background, or when it is nighttime, the display has the lighter daytime background.

Is this so hard to understand?

I don't have an answer for you but is probably a problem with the server not properly upgrading.

Anyway, if you can't read the question, don't waste our time by giving a spurious "answer".

13. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks davidy. That is exactly what I was saying.

14. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I know exactly what you mean and yes it happens on my Touch too. It has done from the moment I bought it (which is as soon as it was released so it isn't a recent problem). Not all the time, just sporadically and always the last location that I have in the weather app. I thought initially it was because I had hacked it and had the iPhone apps on but I have since purchased the January Upgrade and it still does it.

15. toobizy macrumors newbie

Day/Night indicator

Hi Resist

I had the same problem when I first got my iPhone. I had five cities in my time-zone list and one was almost always showing an incorrect day/night indication. Then I discovered my error:

Go into the menu where you add/remove cities. Type in the (faulty) city name again and wait until all the cities with that name have been searched for. You may find, as I did, that there is more than one city with a similar or same name and you originally selected the wrong one.
    Does that work?

16. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

No. If you re-read my post you would see that my Touch then corrected itself, so I have the correct city. This issue happens from time to time but not always. I think it would have been better if instead of showing day or night, they put that cities time (am or pm).

17. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Mine had the incorrect data once and I a few hours later it was all perfectly correct. This has only happened once and I wonder what is happening with yours? That seems weird.

18. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

This is a really random problem. It can go for days or weeks without doing it and then just do it for some unknown reason. Mine has been doing it for the past couple of days for instance but it was working perfectly for weeks beforehand.