Weather in Lockinfo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sammy.d, Jan 1, 2012.

1. sammy.d macrumors regular

Hi,
    I currently have the weather widget in use on my lockinfo screen but am very unhappy with. The current temperature is always wrong (off by about 10 degrees) and the forecasts never correspond to those I see given anywhere else. So I want to somehow use the weather information given by BOM (Australia's Bureau of Meteorology). I have the app (from Apple's app store) called Pocket Weather AU which uses the data from BOM. How can I use this data (current temperature and forecasts) and view it on the lockinfo screen instead of Yahoo's widget (the default)?

I can't find a plugin for this particular app on cydia but does anyone know of a way I can make lockinfo change where it gets its weather info from? Or does anyone know how to create a plugin like this (I definitely don't!!)?

Cheers.

2. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

Search on Cydia for "Australian BOM Weather+". This is exactly what you want and it works perfectly.

3. sammy.d thread starter macrumors regular

4. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

5. sammy.d thread starter macrumors regular

I am happy with the temperature readings now but since I installed this the little weather icon (sun, clouds etc) that is supposed to show up in the weather widget no longer shows up on either the lock screen (lockinfo) or the notification centre. Well it did show up for a few minutes, disappeared for a little bit, came back for another minute, then left again and didn't come back... Any ideas on how to fix this?

Cheers.

6. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

I am having the exact same issue and it's driving me insane. I can't find a fix for it yet though. :mad:

7. sammy.d thread starter macrumors regular

OK well mine has started working normally again now... I have no idea why...

I didn't think of this at the time but why don't you go into Cydia, click on the Manage tab down the bottom, go to Packages, open Australian BOM Weather+ and click Modify up in the top right corner, then Reinstall and see if that work.

8. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go. I've had the icon work perfectly for a day and then the next day it comes and goes though. It does get annoying doesn't it?

9. sammy.d thread starter macrumors regular

Definitely annoying!! I have no idea if it is going to stay or not :mad:

10. richjh macrumors newbie

I had a look at the data when the icon disappears and the icon data coming from Yahoo is "Not Available". This would happen regardless of whether Australian BOM Weather+ was installed.

I've made a change to the Australian BOM Weather+ server so that in the future if Yahoo sends "Not Available" as the current condition Australian BOM Weather+ will show the icon for today's forecast instead so there shouldn't be anymore missing icons if Australian BOM Weather+ is installed (there still will be if it's not installed).

11. sammy.d thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds great Rich! Sounds like it should work well.

Just another small issue... Is there a way to adjust how often the weather is updated and also to show in the weather widget when it was last updated?

12. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

Works great. Thanks.

13. richjh macrumors newbie

Not at the moment. That happens within the widget somewhere. It would also be nice to have a refresh button but it's not possible at the moment.