Weather in notification bar

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by tmsmith124, Sep 18, 2013.

1. tmsmith124 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has already been asked. I did a quick search on the iPhone and didn't turn anything up.

How do I enable the weather widget in the drop down notification center?

Thanks!

2. kds1 Suspended

kds1

I had the same question, it wasn't there, then suddenly, when I went back into Notification Center, it just appeared. It's sucks, really, not as good as it was in iOS 6 at all.

3. matttye macrumors 601

Settings, notification centre, today summary.

4. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

also need to enable at location services. Strange

5. HipHopTrex macrumors member

Hmm, not working for more. I have notification services on as well. A google search revealed that it's not working for everyone right now. Guess that's it.

6. matttye macrumors 601

Weather didn't appear instantly for me in my iPad. Took a couple of hours.

7. BulkHedd macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

I agree. Why did they remove the current temperature from it? I was kind of excited to learn that I would be able to access the notification center from the lock screen but if I want to know the temperature I still have to unlock and go to the weather app.

8. Riverton macrumors member

I noticed that in addition to Notification Center, the Weather app also wasn't showing information about my current location. Rebooted the phone and now both work.

9. Imory macrumors 6502a

Well, that's a bit of a disappointment. The weather notification is only in text now. That's why I didn't notice it before.

10. kds1 Suspended

kds1

Overall, the new Notification Center is bad. Weather in it is a joke, no icon depicting current conditions, no weekly forecast, just weather presented in a text format. It's also multiple screens instead of one screen with everything in the order that I want it to be in, that I can just scroll up and down. Really don't know why this didn't get called out during the beta phase.

11. Cobra611 macrumors regular

Cobra611

My weather app is showing a "dash" for the temperature of all the cities I have listed. It also, doesn't show up in my notification center. Hopefully, this will fix itself over the next few hours...

Just as I was about to click submit reply, I noticed that at least one location (current) now is showing the temperature and it IS in notification center:confused:

Now, the weather for all 6 cities are being displayed!!!

12. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Not useful at a glance. I have to read a short paragraph, I JUST WANT TO KNOW THE DAMN TEMP!

13. jazzneel macrumors member

THANK YOU! This solved my problem of weather not showing up! I thought I had a bad installation or something!

14. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I agree completely. The new notification center is a big step backwards in terms of usefulness.

15. mcdj, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Amen. Couldn't be any slower to open on my mini either. (And invoking it scrolls half a screen in whatever app is underneath it) It feels half baked. There's so much they could do with it, but it feels like a department store that's going out of business...half empty, and the stuff that's there is useless.

And I think they reduced the weather to text only because they decided the almighty transparency is more important than actual usefulness...weather icons plus transparency means sluggish performance.