Weather in notifications?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by thinkadam, Sep 10, 2014.

1. thinkadam macrumors regular

Hey all
    Is there a weather option in notifications?
    Got the calendar, stocks etc but can't get weather. Which was the most commonly used
    Thanks

2. mopatops macrumors regular

mopatops

Suffering the same problem. I haven't been able to get the weather widget to show up in NC for months but feel like I should have another go trying to figure it now iOS 8 has hit.

3. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

It should show up as long as location is on for weather.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

This. Weather isn't technically one of the options in NC and should show up anyways given you've allowed weather to use your location.

5. mopatops macrumors regular

mopatops

I have both background app refresh and location services turned on for weather. Any other ideas/fixes?

6. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Reboot?

7. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Weather is not showing up for me either in GM. Granted, the "Weather by TWC" is there... weird.

It's definitely an option in Yosemite's Notification Center - I wonder if it was just a huge oversight on their part.

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

What happens if you click that? Does it take you to the weather app? It sounds like a bug to me.

9. that be me macrumors 6502

Try opening the weather app. Sometimes it takes a while, but if location for weather is turned on and today view is in NC, it should show up.

On a side note, they FINALLY fixed the bug I was having with "conditions with low visibility" being added to every weather forecast.

10. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Ah, that may be why then... I use a different app for weather and when I turned on the app I saw my city wasn't even setup in it. I just added Atlanta, but it's still not in the Notification Center yet. I'll give it a little bit and see.

11. xcrunner macrumors regular

It appeared back for me after opening Weather, waiting awhile and re-enabling background refresh for it.