Weather in status bar not updating.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MultiMediaWill, Oct 27, 2010.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I have the weather in the status bar set to refresh every 1 minute using weather icon and libstatusbar however the weather doesn't update until I open apples weather app.

How do I actually get it to update every minute?

2. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Having it update every minute would not be good for your battery life anyway.. try setting it to every 15 minutes, that's what mine is set at and it works perfectly.

3. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

why do you want to see your temp change every min? the weather is not going to be any different at 1:00pm to 1:01pm. even at 15 mins is a bit much, why not just set it at 2 hours? or 1 hour if you really want to know?

4. Europa13 macrumors 6502

Same problem here. It doesn't matter if it's set for 1 minute or 6 hours - it only updates after I respring or open the weather app.

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Same here. I only noticed this because I'm using the Slanted Lock theme and the temp in the status bar was different from the weather on the lock screen.

I wonder what could be causing it?

6. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

Instead of bashing me for setting it at one minute why don't you help me fix it?

7. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Hmm...I'm a moron. I was wondering why my status bar temp was always different than the one on my lock screen...now I know why.

Somehow I'd turned on the "Use Wind Chill" setting in WeatherIcon. I turned that off and everything is back to working perfectly again (or rather, matching up...it was always working just fine).

8. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

im not bashing you, im being real. are you going to monitor it every min? we cant tell you if its changing or not within a min. plus the apple weather app only updates when you open it anyways.

i dont know whats wrong with your weathericon, but mine is working fine. i set mine to 2 hours.

9. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

on my ip4( 4.0 FW) weathericon works flawless set anywhere from 1 minute to 1 hour....and it matches my slanted lock nicely.

on my 3gs weathericon DOES NOT seem to update at all.(until i update yahoo weather app)

10. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Does anyone have a screen shot of what this looks like, because I am trying to get the weather on my main page and I can not seem to get it to load for some reason?