weather lockscreen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ipadguru, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ipadguru macrumors newbie

This is the greatest weather lockscreen, Check it out in Cydia as "Weather Elements"
    [​IMG]

2. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Weather Elements is a great lock screen no doubt. I use it most of my lock screens.

3. redskinsfan macrumors newbie

Great lockscreen however when I have this turned on the lockscreen goes dark after 5 seconds, even if I am using the left and right arrows so really I can only view it 5 seconds at a time. I then have to hit the Home key to wake up the phone again. I don't see any settings for this under Winterboard or under the actual Application so is this configurable? I'd like it to be the default setting for the phone.

4. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

You need to get something like 30 or 60 second lockscreen. That will give you what you want.

5. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I have an app from Cydia called Dim Delay. It works. :)

6. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

ctt1wbw, I can't believe I'm asking this but is there a specific repo for Dim Delay? I can't find it by searching in Cydia. Thanks!

7. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Sorry man, it's called Lockscreen Dim Delay and it's in David Ashman's repo here:

http://david.ashman.com/beta/

Sorry, I wasn't on my USDA two pots of coffee yet! :eek: :)

8. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

Hi, I've seen that weather lockscreen on youtube, i loved it. One question: that kind of apps or whatever you call them, does it updated every 1 min and needs 3G on all the time. and does it make the phone slower?
    thanks

9. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

No, you can edit the settings icon to make it update at whatever interval you wish. And no it doesn't slow down the phone at all. If you set the interval to 10 or 15 minutes, it won't use hardly any data and I would imagine it would work, albeit slowly, on Edge. But then again, I think Edge is about as useful as teeth on a chicken or Rosie Odonell's brain or Nancy Pelosi's legislative ability.

10. yourwiseguy macrumors regular

yourwiseguy

Wow! I learn something new about Cydia apps everyday. I will definitely be picking this app soon.

11. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Don't worry about it! I had a huge brain fart myself. I thought I had something installed that had a dim delay feature and I do...LockInfo. Duh. But thank you for the repo anyway! :D

12. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Wow! I'd heard about this lockscreen before, but I'd never actually tried it. Holy moly...how beautiful is this thing???

Just amazing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]