Weather/Notes/Stocks not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by hommy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. hommy macrumors newbie

Hello all. I've jailbreaked and installed 1.1.1 iphone apps. Mail and maps work like a charm, but when I open weather, stocks and notes, the program opens but doesn't display any data, then shuts down. What did I miss? Something in ssh or sftp? Any idea?

Thanks.

2. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Included was a framework file that you forgot to put into the correct place. More than likely. Respond back if that doesn't fix it.

3. dagored macrumors 65816

We need more info. Did you do the manual hack, the touchfree or the jailbreak?

On what computer?

4. hommy thread starter macrumors newbie

I used iJailbreak vs 2.0 on my Intel Mac. The Apps were from iPhone 1.1.1. The apps that I mention in the thread all open up, but nothing happens (no weather or stock info, unable to use notes).

5. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Did you set permissions correctly to all of the files, not just the folder. It sounds to me like that's what's going on. If the permissions aren't right it will launch but do nothing.

6. hommy thread starter macrumors newbie

That did it. I had set the permissions on the folder only, so went back and did it your way. Thanks!

7. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Glad to help. It's a common oversight. People assume if you assign permissions to a folder it reflects on the contents of the folder. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Have fun.

8. SuperDaddy macrumors member

WOW!! A helpful and informative thread with out some pretentious prick chiding someone to "do a search first". I like it.