"Weather Offline" in Notification Center

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by DylanBailey, Oct 15, 2011.

1. DylanBailey macrumors newbie

So I was messing with the Weather notification and now all it displays is "Weather Offline"

All I did was disabled Location in the Weather app because it was saying I was in "Bee and Gee" when I was in Salt Lake... now whenever I slide down Notification Center it says Offline and when I click it, it takes me to the weather app where everything is functioning correctly...

I re-enabled the Location weather and everything is still not working. I've powered down the device and did a hard reset... any ideas on how to get this working?

2. idkmybffjon macrumors member

its a bug, its been in the beta since june. its gotten much better though.

luckily the solution is simple, force quit the weather app and it will work again.

3. DylanBailey thread starter macrumors newbie

Very simple! Many thanks!!!

4. fmalloy macrumors regular

Yep, that definitely gets it working.

If it was broken since Beta, why didn't they fix it? Isn't that what Beta is for?

Beta testing isn't very useful if they don't fix the bugs the testers find.

5. Jason black macrumors regular

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Close it in the multitasking bar. Double tap the home button and hold down the icon. Push the X that appears.

7. Mindy60 macrumors regular

I think he's talking about double tapping the home button which lists the open apps, holding down the app you want to close, then tapping the red hyphen in the left corner. It closes the app.