Weather on 3GS is always incorrect....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sn0warmy, Jul 30, 2009.

1. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

So I've really began to notice that the weather app that comes standard on the iPhone 3GS is off majority of the time.

According to weather.com and my weather widgets in dashboard on my MBP, it is 55 degrees with overcast and light rain in Boulder, CO (80301). However, on my phone it says its partly cloudy and 70 degrees in Boulder, CO (80301).

My phone says that tomorrow it's supposed to be rainy and 60's all day while weather.com and my computer's weather widget says it's supposed to be Sunny and 80 degrees.

I've noticed that this is a constant occurrence lately.

The Weather app is an important feature of the iPhone IMO. It's annoying that I can no longer trust the weather information my phone provides me.

My phone says it's getting it's weather data from weather.com.:confused:

What's going on here???

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Get Weatherbug. It's ugly as a warthog, but it has the best information.

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I'm in Broomfield just a shortways away from you and mine shows it is 55 degrees and cloudy. Once in a while it's wrong but that rarely happens.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The information in the iPhone Weather App comes from Yahoo. You may want to inform them of the discrepency. I have actually found them, in most cases, to be more accurate than Weather Channel, .com, or their App, or Weather Bug, then in other situation be inaccurate because their station went off line and no one noticed.

TEG

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I searched for Boulder and when the results came up, I selected Boulder Co and that one shows the temp as 55 and cloudy. Try that one.

6. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I find the app forecasts rain every day (I am in Scotland).

It is pretty accurate at telling me what the weather is like now. Would be pretty handy if I was in a windowless room....

7. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

It might be where you are. I'm not saying it is, but it's a thought. Mine is never perfect either, but not that bad. I really only use the built in one for a quick estimate. Get either weather bug or the weather channel app, they give better and more descriptive predictions

8. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I live in Broomfield and work in Boulder. I can say it's off a bit. I just use the weather channel app.

9. noobinator macrumors 601

I've experimented with many weather apps and accuweather is the most accurate for my particular location (Los Angeles area). Try it out

10. Sledutah macrumors regular

That is what I use. I like it and it seems to be the most accurate one.

11. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

I'm getting the exact same information on my Mac OS X weather widget and the iPhone weather app.

12. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I also noticed the weather app that came with the iphone is inaccurate. It was so bad I just moved it to the last page and replaced it with weatherbug.

13. milani macrumors 68000

milani

OP: Call Yahoo... erm Bing. Actually just call Bill.

14. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Get the Weather Channel App, good interface and its accurate!

15. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

there's plenty of very descriptive weather apps you can download for free. Don't be lazy then complain.

16. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Just downloaded Weather Pro for £2.39 after reading a barrage of great reviews. Must say it looks like stat heaven, hopefully it's not too shabby at forecasting either!

17. sn0warmy thread starter macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

hahaha....true. But Bing is giving me job security because I do web design and SEO for a living and now there is a whole new search engine to optimize for my company's websites. I've gotta say, Microsoft is coming through for me with this one.:p

I'll give that a try. thanks!

I'm complaining because something as basic as finding the correct weather on the iPhone should work properly with the provided weather application. Forcing me to go searching for a similar app that does the job correctly just takes up more space on my phone for no reason. A $600 phone that has a GPS, iPod, Video Camera, and WiFi access should at least display the damn weather correctly. :mad: