Weather on Lockscreen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dgstan, Nov 7, 2011.

1. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Is there any kind of widget that will display a 3 or 5 day weather forecast on my lockscreen? I imagine IntelliscreenX or Lockinfo would do this, but it might be overkill for what I need. I'm satisfied with the iOS5's notifications, just would like to add a weather forecast. Ideally, it would be similar to what is shown in the regular notification pane, just on the lockscreen.

Prior to iOS5, I had created a nice lockscreen widget, but I don't really want to add themes to the phone for a couple reasons (trying to go with a more "stock" look and trying to keep Cydia tweaks to a minimum since I'm using the tethered JB).

If I have to go the WB route, that's OK, but I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible. So, if you know of a stable way of doing what I'd like to do, please let me know what you recommend.

iPhone 4 / iOS5

Thanks

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Just slide to the right the the build in widget and you will get 5 days forecast. :rolleyes:

(I know, I know...you said lock screen)

3. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

what is overkill with LI or ISX?

LI now integrates with notification widgets. just enable the weather widget on lockscreen and leave everything else out.

4. dgstan thread starter macrumors 6502a

There's just so much functionality built into LI that it seems like a waste of money to only use the weather banner on the lockscreen.

Anyhow, I installed the beta and it's exactly what I want.

5. ruste.faith macrumors newbie

I am exactly looking for the same thing. Will you please write the complete name of the tweak which you used for this. I could not get what you mean by "beta" in your post.
    thx

6. dgstan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I actually went and bought Lockscreen. To me, it was more than I've ever paid for an app, but it works so well, I felt it was worth it. I could have written my own version, but it would have required using Winterboard and hours of reworking/rewriting my existing themes. For $10, it saved me a lot of headaches.

When iOS 5 first came out, he had beta versions on his own repo. I don't know if that's still the case.

Try it - there's a 21 day trail.