Weather Radar and or Lightning App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Boca, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Boca macrumors 6502

Living in S. Florida it would be helpful to have a great weather radar app. Any suggestions? Also is there an app that detects lightning or indicates approaching lightning?

thanks,

2. srexy macrumors 6502a

The weather channel has radar built into its app - just click on the map icon then the play button and it will animate. No lightning strikes tho.

I still think that a link in mobile safari to your local Doppler is more effective tho. - seems to have better detail. Just add it to your bookmarks.

I use these 2 means for nearshore boating in Tampa Bay area.

3. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

WVEC Radar is a great app...it's free and you can customize the location (you don't have to live in W Virginia to use it).

4. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

2010 Pinpoint Lightning is probably the app you're looking for. It keeps you up to date on where lightning strikes. I think it's actually the only app that does this.

Also if you are looking for the most comprehensive weather map and are looking for a serious product, go for Radarscope. During tornado season in Oklahoma, I use a combination of Radarscope and MyCast Weather to supplement my chasing needs :D Someone also mentioned WVEC radar which is a great free solution as well.

5. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

For Radar on my phone I am a fan of RadarScope. Aside from Angry Birds, it's been the app I have most gotten my money out of. When in my work car, I normally use the NWS radar on the Toughbook, but RadarScope comes in handy in being able to place my GPS location within the storm path.