• WeatherHD

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Weather (The Built In App)

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
I got Weather HD for free and didn't like it and I have never heard of Weather +. I use the built-in Weather app for just simple looking and Weather Bug for more detailed weather. Weather Bug is free on iPhone, but has some bugs currently, and iPad, no bugs.

Mr. Incredible

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Southern California
Weather+ is free, if you go to itunes, and click on the weather tab for the Apps section, it's the top app (the paid version).

The free version has ads, but the paid version (currently a dollar), has no adds, and some extra features. The layout looks very nice, much better than the Weather app that the iphone comes with.

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
Weather+ is free, if you go to itunes, and click on the weather tab for the Apps section, it's the top app (the paid version).

The free version has ads, but the paid version (currently a dollar), has no adds, and some extra features. The layout looks very nice, much better than the Weather app that the iphone comes with.

I do remember seeing that one now that I look it up, I am going to download it and try it. I don't really like the busy backgrounds like the Weather HD had and looks like this one may have. I like Weather Bug because it was just information. I'll try this one, the free version.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I have weather HD, and its ok, but its not great. To be honest, I want a weather app that provides more detailed info so weather bug and TWC are better.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I have the paid version of Weather+ but always find myself going back to the Weather Channel app. It provides so much more information.

Applepi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
I've tried all three and prefer the stock weather app. It's sunny everyday where I'm at, I just use it to check how warm it's going to be. No need for a hardcore weather app.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I use the stock weather app in conjunction with The Weather Channel free app on my iPhone. However, on my iPad I use The Weather Channel and Weather HD app. I think the weather+ app is complete garbage.

elan123

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
543.jpg
I use The Weather Network. It has easy access to the hourly and long-term forecasts, which are mostly what I want.

yup, simple but effective

cal6n

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2004
Gloucester, UK
You missed WeatherPro. It may be a paid-for app but, in my experience, it is head and shoulders above the opposition.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Columbus, OH
Wx Alert USA is my favorite. All the info straight from NOAA. Great push alerts. I didn't go for glamor, just quality. The built in weather app doesn't do much for me though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.