Weather Widget (data provider) in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iMac430, Jul 8, 2009.

1. iMac430 macrumors member

Hey everyone, I got a quick question. I have been hearing that Apple has switched from using AccuWeather to Weather.com (The Weather Channel) for the weather Dashboard widget in Snow Leopard. Is this true? Anyone with the WWDC build or the newer build, I'd appreiciate if you could tell me. The fact that my iPod touch (weather.com / yahoo) weather app and OS X dashboard (AccuWeather) never match is kind of annoying. Thanks!

2. iMac430 thread starter macrumors member

Can anyone who has access to the developer builds please check this? What about the brand new 10A402 build? Thank you.

3. musici macrumors newbie

No more Accuweather

This really pissed me off and only five minutes after the Snow Leopard update. Since the data provider change to weather channel powered by yahoo, I cannot get any weather for my City.

4. nOw2 macrumors regular

It's good to see that I'm not the only one.

I have three weather widgets; two UK towns remained working while it refuses to accept a city. My Leopard machine continues to work.

Still, can't complain too much - it was never all that accurate.

5. musici macrumors newbie

Weather Channel Update

Since my last post, it seems Weather Channel have added my City. It may be worth you checking yours again. I am in regional NSW, Australia.

6. simonshek macrumors member

7. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Noticed that to, sucks because it dosent have my city either.

8. anarkhos macrumors newbie

this really sucks.
    1. unreliable
    2. not covering the 3rd biggest city in Turkey which is a very famous tourist attraction

Don't fix it unless it's broken!

9. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Is there anyway to get the old version back? I updated both of my machines before I noticed the switch.

10. soul00 macrumors newbie

yahoo weather widget problem with city !

Ive noticed that the weather widget after updating the mac to snow leopard, dosent have the city that you had before the update !

realy weird and annoying witch i hope the fix, and if someone found a way to fix it please help =)