Weather widget in Dashboard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by haoqfu, Oct 15, 2007.

1. haoqfu macrumors regular

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or not, but i found the weather widget comes with Tiger doesn't always give me the correct weather information. How does it work for everyone else here? Any idea where the weather data comes from, AccuWeather or TheWeatherNetwork?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

The BBC Widget is much better here in London...its a pity due to the worse looks...

3. saxman macrumors 6502

I've found it to be about as accurate as the local weather person. You can only trust it some of the time. At least it gives you a guide whether or not to take an umbrella or wear a coat.

I have several on my dashboard and they don't always update at the same time. Sometimes it's 11:00pm at it is still "sunny.' And no, I don't live any where near the arctic circle

4. sbluetruck macrumors regular

sbluetruck

i use the Radar In Motion, or whatever it's called now, to get current real time data i don't need to college to understand.

take yesterday for example. big green, yellow and red blob on the map, yeah, i knew to wear a jacket ;)

5. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I believe it's accuweather. it may take a few minutes to update.

BTW, search for Meteorologist. It goes in the task bar and gets weather channel data. It's fantastic.

6. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

the built in weather widgets is ALWAYS wrong lol, so I disabled it and got a weather network one which is much better (but not as cool looking...)

7. Bigtree macrumors 6502