Weather widget not correct?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Silver78, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Silver78 macrumors 6502

Silver78

my weather widget seems not to be working.
    Im in Barcelona and temp says 19 C. degrees
    On widget but when i press widget it says 13 and temps not above 14 all day. Does not make any sense.

2. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

0C49C3D7-61FE-41D2-A5DD-B2881DB87610.jpeg My widgets are all over the place, but my weather apps aren’t especially accurate either. It’s really frustrating.

3. Jinkst, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

Jinkst macrumors 6502

Are you travelling or living there? And is it showing Barca as your 'current location' or one you have chosen?

My weather app was showing incorrect information with the recent movement in clocks and daylight savings, so could be to do with that? I deleted the location and added it again and fixed it.

4. TwoBytes macrumors 68030

TwoBytes

maybe the app is only updating data when open. See if it widget it correct after you open and refresh the app

5. jayw74 macrumors newbie

Weather widget has never been accurate in 11. Finally just removed it.

6. Silver78 thread starter macrumors 6502

Silver78

Tried everything but the weather in Barcelona just stuck at 19c... its only 16 when you enter the app.

7. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68000

BugeyeSTI

I’m seeing this bug also.. Hopefully 11.2 will help. I have location services set to “only when use app”, I wonder if it needs to be set to “always” to update the widget.

8. Silver78 thread starter macrumors 6502

Silver78

Mine was set to never changed to only when in use. Now I get a location based temp on top and that is correct. But that does not change the fact that if you choose non location based citys the widget does not work.
    I liked it better with location turned off and what if I wanted the temp of another city than the one I live in to show in widgets. Like my girlfriends? Then it would not be accurate

9. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

I use Dark Sky for my weather, and a recent update to that app prompted me to check that I had the "use location" setting on "Always" when I restarted it. I did wonder at the time if that was relevant.

I ditched the stock Weather app because its results were all over the place. Here in Germany for example, it would tell me the sun was shining when outside it was raining, and the temperature was frequently wrong.