Weather widget stills moves down every time you restart in Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by PatriotInvasion, Jul 23, 2011.

1. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

Do you all remember seeing the weather widget on the Dashboard move down a bit every time it loaded in Leopard and Snow Leopard? Well, I figured this would be fixed in Lion, but it's not. Small glitch, but bugs me.

Anyone figure out a fix for this aside from deleting the widget?:confused:

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Open up Terminal. Type in the following commands

killall Dock

and it'll reset the position. i have the same issue. It's an issue with the widget itself, not OS X.

3. PatriotInvasion thread starter macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

What exactly does kill all dock do? Sounds scary:eek:

Also, if it's an issue with the widget itself then Apple probably shouldn't have it as the default weather widget on their computers anymore (ties into Yahoo weather I believe)

4. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

LOL

Oh dear, you really didn't know that Lion was riddled with bugs? In Dashboard alone, they forgot to change Calculator widget font, add ripple effect when adding a widget, etc, etc, etc.

Mission Control has had this nasty display bug since developer preview 1. Still not fixed.

Mail stopped making sounds for some reason.

In iChat, Yahoo and MobileMe accounts keep disconnecting once in a while.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I noticed that this bug occurs back from when Leopard was out. It only happens if you have multiple weather widgets. If you have just one, I haven't been able to reproduce it.

Secondly, "killall Dock" just restarts the Dock process.

It's not a Lion issue. It's a widget issue. Its been there since Leopard (10.5).

Also, they removed the ripple effect. The calculator font, I don't know what that is.

If you're talking about the full screen display bug in Mission Control, I still haven't been able to reproduce that in GM. There's a post here about that.

Mail not making sounds... it sounds right to me?

iChat, don't use it, so I can't tell but AIM has been disconnecting randomly on Adium.

6. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what do you mean by saying "It's not a Lion issue; it's a widget issue"? Aren't widgets part of Dashboard, which is part of Mac OS, which is Lion?

How do you know they removed the ripple effect purposely? It could very well be an oversight.

That's the old calculator font I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

Pretty sure it was an oversight.

Maximized windows to be precise. Yup, I specifically went to two Apple Stores in my neighborhood and reproduced the bug almost on all of their Macs and showed it to folks in blue; all were dumbfounded.

Mail stopped making sounds when receiving, sending mail. Can't remember in which DP it all stopped working.

iChat connexions have been flaky since DP1.

7. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Lion is the OS
    Dashboard is the App
    Widget are add-on to Dashboard, which is an App

What I mean about the widget itself is that, the widget, has not been changed since Leopard. I haven't seen any updates on the widget itself. I have seen updates to Dashboard, but not the widget.

You can change Lion all you want, but if the App or the Widget itself has an issue, blaming the OS is going nowhere.

They haven't used the ripple effect since they switched to the new Dashboard.

Also, I don't think the ripple effect itself would be considered an important issue for Lion.

The "Geniuses" who work at Apple are basic labors. Most of them don't know any more then you or I. I don't think its fair to make them look bad for something the engineers back at Apple HQ is doing.

8. .maxx macrumors newbie

.maxx

9. Gemütlichkeit macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

10. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

yeah, i've been experiencing this for years, long before lion...
    (and it's just the weather widget).