Weather

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lady Arwen, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Lady Arwen macrumors member

We're about to get hit with about 10-12 inches of snow. I know the newstations and the teachers at my school are talking about the chance of a snow day. If the weather is bad, will Apple still have iPad sales tomorrow at 5pm?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

I know I can do that... but I have to wait until I get home to call because I'm at school. I just want to know what people think would occur... In past years, has weather stopped sales?

4. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Unless due to some freak accident that the truck with iPads gets into an accident (god forbid,) I don't think the weather will have any affect on sales.

5. dread macrumors 6502a

You must be in NE Ohio too. I just moved here and I hate this area. The weather here is horrible. Friday was supposed to be the one nice day this week and now we are getting a foot of snow. I have seen the sun 5 times in 4 months and every sports team is full of losers. F NE Ohio. Sorry had to vent.

I am sure apple stores will be open. The storm is supposed to be gone by 5:00 but you know how unpredictable the weather is here.

What apple store are you going to.

6. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night can stop the iPad 2.

7. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Weather hinders voting at polls. But, iPad seekers are a bit more motivated so weather won't have too much of an effect.

That said, if roads are not plowed at sale time and people can't get around it will affect being able to nab one right away. But sales will more certainly resume as soon as possible.

8. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Hahahaha. So true! At least you have a better chance of achieving something for your efforts than you do with voting!

9. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

They generally have like 100 blue shirt wear'n people on duty at launches so assuming SOME make it into work it will be "on" as scheduled.

I'll walk if I have to in order to get one.

10. Lady Arwen thread starter macrumors member

Haha, yes, I am in NE Ohio. I was just making sure that Apple would still be able to get the iPads to the the store on time. I'm going to an Apple store outside Cleveland. I can definitely get to the store, I just wanted it to be open. Thanks for the swift replies.