Weathericon annoyances

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iluvifone, Sep 22, 2010.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

Hi guys!

Lovin' my i4, jailbroke it a few weeks ago and have been exploring in Cydia..

Came across Weathericon, thought it would be neat to have the weather in my Status bar.. So i installed it, works great..

The one little thing that irks me though, is that the weather in the status bar is always off by 1 degree (i live in ontario, canada).

I checked the settings of the Weathericon, and i have it set to use iPhone Weather as the source, with Wind Chill disabled. So I figured that the iPhone app weather and the status bar should be equal, but they're not.

I've been using the app for 3 days now, and i've yet to catch the status bar and iphone app equal. Right now, for example, the iphone app shows 13 degrees in my city, and the status icon shows 12 degrees.

Ps, i only have my city configured in the iPhone weather app, so its definitely not a multi-city error.

Anyone with similar experiences or solutions?

2. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

.... I don't even know what to say. I guess to some people one degree makes a huge difference.

3. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

thats why i said it was a minor annoyance, not a life-or-death topic

4. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

5. TheDoctah macrumors member

I have the exact same problem.

No fix so far...

6. The LPT macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have the same problem as well. I'm almost 100% sure it has to so with how the program rounds the temperature when it's in celcius mode. If you go to farenheit mode the numbers match.

I'm assuming it's just reading the farenheit value and using a formula to convert it rather than read the celcius data from the weather app

7. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

haha gotta admit i laughed when I saw this thread revived on page1 of the main board.. and yeah, i completely forgot about the 1-degree offset, haven't thought about it till now lol..