WeatherIcon caused problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ROCKERDAN, Aug 22, 2010.

1. ROCKERDAN macrumors regular

Hey everyone....

After several weeks of my perfect operating jailbroken ip4 i had some problems this morning.

Late last night i did my nightly ritual of checking for changes in cydia to see what is new and what is updated for our IP4s.

well,i saw weatherIcon had been updated,so i decided to try it out since i really miss having the temp and icon in statusbar and on the weather app itself.

after that,i noticed the temp only worked for statusbar and weather app. but this was better then before where nothing about weathericon worked on ip4.

well,i went to bed....and woke up this am to see my ip4 in a REBOOTING mode,over and over and over...could not stop it!

i was able to ssh into the phone,and removed weathericon,and nothing helped.....

so ended up having to restore back to 4.0(lucky had shsh saved) and had to use RECBOOT to exit recovery mode. but then all is well.

Im just getting it back Jailbroken and getting things back to where it was before all this now....

so,just a warning.....i would not install weatherIcon on a ip4 as of yet!!!

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I assume you didn't install Weathericon Status bar with it. Check his Beta source repo not sure why David didn't add it as a dependency to the update.

EDIT: You didn't happen to have irealSMS installed and had a new text message when you happen to wake up this mourning did ya?

3. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the warning. I saw the update and was debating trying it out.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Works fine for me, of course I read up and followed the instructions from David.

Remember, you have no real right to complain about beta software. If you are daring enough to install it, it just might not work correctly.

5. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

where do I find Weathericon Status bar ?

6. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

7. Xhita, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011

Xhita macrumors member

Sorry for bumping such an old topic, but just as a warning: NEVER, EVER put the weather icon in the Dock if you have the WeatherIcon app installed!!

See this topic, post #22:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1100434

I'll mail the developer.

EDIT: Just to inform that I've already got a reply from David Ashman (the developer of WeatherIcon): he can reproduce the bug and has started working on a fix. :)