Weathericon getting temps from the wrong app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fsck-y dingo, Jul 19, 2009.

1. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I have weathericon using TWC app instead of Apple's stock icon because the yahoo temps the standard one gets are almost always off a few degrees where I live.

So weathericon and the temp show up just fine on top of TWC.app but it's showing the weather.app readings instead of TWC. I edited the .plist to com.weather.TWC but it's still not working. If I open TWC it shows a different temp.

Anyone else having this trouble?

2. The General macrumors 601

I can't even get the temperature to show. It just shows a question mark. :(

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think the weathericon.app gets its weather info from yahoo or apple, not from the app whose icon it overlays.

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

This. Choosing TWC or the standard apple icon or whatever just chooses which icon you are associating weathericon with. It doesn't get the information from that app :)

ETA: Ooops, sorry, I think I misunderstood as did the post I quoted. Sorry about that!

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

That happened to me too, and I finally found the solution for me at least. What version are you running? The updated version should be 2.1.16. For some reason, even though I had an older version, Cydia wasn't alerting me to an update under the Changes tab. I had to go in and install the newest version in Cydia myself and that fixed it.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Oops, missed this part! It's been a while since I played around with the weathericon plist file, but if I remember correctly, in addition to the weather server info(com.weather.TWC), you have to provide your location. Did you do that?

7. fsck-y dingo thread starter macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

If what was already mentioned fails to work make sure you have a theme to go with weathericon. I have katra-based weathericon theme. That's where the different weather pictures come from...like clouds, rain, etc..

That theme, and others, are on cydia.

Night Spring,

I just tried that and it didn't change anything. Thanks though. :)

8. fsck-y dingo thread starter macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Nevermind, I moved on to Weather Elements V3. That one displays right on the lockscreen and has more accurate readings for my area.

Here's the theme if anyone wants to give it a try. Weather Elements V3

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Weathericon is up to version 2.2.2