web-app for iPod touches/iPhones with stuck pixels

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gloss, Oct 5, 2007.

1. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Those of us who have stuck pixels on our devices (typically bright green) may want to give this a shot: Fixing iPhone Stuck Pixels.

I'm going to try it on mine once it gets back from Cupertino's "professional" repair center. Report back!

2. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

3. Kpod macrumors newbie

I had this problem too. I tried the on-line app you mentioned, but it didn't work for me. I let it run for several hours on a couple of differrent occasions, but it didn't work for me. I ended up sending my iPod Touch back to Apple for a refund. I'm hoping the problem will be addressed sometime soon so that I can buy another one. I sure miss it.

4. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

That's discouraging to hear. I've missed having mine away for the past few days as well.

Good luck on getting a better one.

5. Kpod macrumors newbie

Thanks! I hope the on-line app works for you. Just out of curiosity, did your pixels get stuck after the 1.1.1 update or were they stuck all along? I didn't notice mine until after I updated the firmware. I don't know if they were there all along or if the update caused them. I'm pretty sure they weren't there originally because they were in pretty noticeable areas of the screen.

6. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

I had 1 stuck (not dead) pixel on my week 37.. It was green all the time.
    Screen also had the "negative effect." So I returned it and now I have a perfect week 39. :D

7. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

Mine have been stuck all along. If this app fixes the problem I'll keep the thing, otherwise it's going in for an exchange.

8. Kpod macrumors newbie

I'm glad to hear about the perfect week 39 iPod. I'll have to keep my eye on the newer ones (week 39 and up) to see how they hold up. I figured I'd make myself wait a few weeks just to be sure.