Web Browser advice needed..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SergiuM, Jun 30, 2010.

1. SergiuM macrumors newbie

Hey guys, im new here as you can see. I have had a mac for about a year now. I used safari for a long time but now im looking to switch. What I want is a simple and easy to use web browser that looks good. Keychain access is nice and ad blocking is a must. Tell me what you guys prefer based on this criteria and why. Thank you!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Camino. A little Google goes a long way.

3. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Give Camino and Chrome a try. Both are great browsers.

4. donuttakedonuts macrumors regular

If ad blocking and password management are a must, then Firefox is a must.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Stay with Safari. If you haven't updated to Safari 5, then i suggest you do so. Safari 5 has extensions so you can install an ad blocker extension. If you must switch, go Firefox. Chrome is in the middle of the Safari-Firefox continuum. It's not as fast as Safari and not as stable as Firefox. It's not as light as Safari and not as fully featured (read: add-ons) as Firefox. You get the most errors loading pages with Chrome and not the best performance. Firefox or Safari is what I recommend.

6. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

7. SergiuM thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies guys! So far i've tried chrome (i like it) camino (like it but dont like the style as much, still good though) Opera (i dont know what to think of it yet!) and omniweb (which i thought was too complicated..)