Web Browser Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by I.Algar, Mar 2, 2014.

1. I.Algar macrumors newbie

Hey there, recently I have moved from home to university and consequently have switched ISP's. Ever since then i have had trouble with annoying hyperlinks appearing nearly every single web page i visit. They open into little pop-ups when you hover your mouse over them. I don't know whether it has to do with my new ISP or it's some sort of thing i've downloaded. I am currently using Google Chrome however the problem still exists when i have tried Safari.

Attached is a screenshot.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. msevild macrumors regular

Is this a Mac? I have encountered this issue numerous times on Windows and it was due to an add-on for the browser. Do you have another user account you can test this issue with? If it doesn't occur on another user there is most likely a internet plugin located in /Macintosh HD/Users/(your user)/Library/Internet Plugins or /Macintosh HD/Users/(your user)/Library/Application Support that is installed on your system.

3. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

I've seen this kind of thing when I was visiting the states and used "free wifi" it would be the DNS re-routing around a ad-serving server.

try add openDNS to your computer or to your router instead of the one provided by your ISP