Web-browser networking sometimes conks out

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by lpetrich, Feb 20, 2014.

1. lpetrich macrumors newbie

That's a curious problem that I sometimes get. All my web browsers become unable to fetch pages, even though other network services, like ping and IRC, continue working.

Browsers like Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, all getting this problem at the same time.

Rebooting does cure this problem, but I'd like some less drastic cure.

What might be going on? Is there some HTTP-handling daemon that might get forced to excessively low priority?

However, Mavericks apparently cured a certain problem I'd sometimes get in Snow Leopard. The sound would turn into choppy white noise in my iMic, though it would be OK when coming out of my iMac's speakers. I don't have any drivers installed for my iMic, and it does not need drivers for either sound input or sound output. It apparently uses some generic protocols for USB sound info.

2. poorcody macrumors 6502

poorcody

Not sure this is the same problem, but I was having a lot of issues with Safari and other browsers "stalling" on page load frequently; it would just sit for 15-30 seconds before finishing to load the page.

I implemented a fix for an "ARP" networking bug described here, and the problem went away:
    http://www.macstadium.com/blog/osx-10-9-mavericks-bugs/

Might be worth a try.