Web browser performance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tony2012, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Tony2012 macrumors newbie

Hi,

New here. I am looking to get a new Mac laptop. I am trying to decide between a MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air.

Adobe Flash sucks so much performance from my current laptop when I have a lot of browser windows open and I have to contend with using flash and a lot of browser windows while working.

My question is... What is the best way to speed up flash performance and/or keep flash from slowing down my computer?

I don't know if I should get the fastest processor, max out the memory, is internal graphics good enough or discrete graphics will solve it, or if an SSD will solve it. MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?

Basically, I don't know which performance upgrades will help the most to make flash more tolerable.

Appreciate any info guidance on the best way to get the best web browsing experience with Flash.

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For Flash-related issues:
    • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
    • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
    • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

3. Tony2012 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not an issue. It's more of me wanting to purchase a new laptop and I want to know which upgrades are the ones that will give the best performance enhancement for improved flash performance.

Example: Will a faster processor or more memory give me better flash performance? Will a discrete GPU help significantly? Or is there something else that will help?

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

dGPU so a 15" or 17" MBP.