Web browsers - drop down "back" list?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by porcupine8, Apr 22, 2011.

1. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Right now I'm running Atomic, and I'm happy with it except for this. On a regular (non-tablet) browser, I make a LOT of use of the drop-down list in the "back" button, to go back several pages in one click. Not having this feature is driving me crazy - it takes forever to go back over and over again.

Is there a way to get Atomic to do this? I've tried holding down the back button, but nothing. If not, do any other browsers do this? I'd rather not buy every one just looking for this feature, but if one does it without losing much of Atomic's functionality, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. Mitch2742 macrumors member

Ha, I check for this feature whenever I try a new iPad browser. Haven't found one that has it yet, unfortunately.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I use Safari and Terra and they both have History.

5. porcupine8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ahh, I didn't know the history worked like that. The first time was kind of annoying, I had to go bookmarks > history > today's date to find anything, but it seems to leave you in that menu after that.

However, one major annoyance is that it keeps all the tabs' histories in one big list - so if I go through a site in one tab, then through another site on another tab, when I go back to the first tab I have to hunt down the list to find the homepage for the site that was in that tab. I'd really love to have one that actually works like the back button in Firefox - keeping a separate list for each tab.

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

It works great in Safari. Some people are quick to find fault with Safari but it does many things very well. I also use Terra because it has password protection but it will not download videos like Safari.

7. porcupine8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eh, honestly having real tabs is more important to me than the back menu thing, unfortunately. I really dislike the way that Safari does the windows instead of tabs. I don't understand why they chose to do it that way - tabs were, like, the most significant improvement to web browser UI since Mosaic.