Web Browsing iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GDF, Mar 11, 2011.

1. GDF macrumors regular

Played with the iPad2 in the Apple Store tonight and was impressed with how much thinner it felt. However, disappointed that when web browsing and paging down on a webpage, the checkered boxes still showed up. I thought maybe it would be more instantaneous like my Macbook Air now, but that does not seem to be the case.

I am hoping that maybe it was just the Apple Store's internet speed. Anyone else that purchased one, notice this yet.

2. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

Interested in this also, as was a ballache on the 1G..

3. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

WTF you expect the new iPad 2 to just "magically" render an entire html page in milliseconds just because its faster?

Its the internet thats delaying that bro, get sum brainz.

4. babbit macrumors member

There were 2 types of checkerboards on the iPad 1. The first was when the page was still loading, so obviously it checkerboarded whatever wasn't loaded yet. The other was when a page was fully loaded and you start scrolling, and it would checkerboard even though the page was loaded. It usually got worse with sites that have lots of pictures. The OP hasn't stated yet which of these scenarios he's experiencing. If it's the 2nd, then I'd be very disappointed. If it's the first, a fast connection should solve it.

5. Richard8655 macrumors 6502

This is why I stayed with iPad1, and only upgraded to IOS 4.3 (for free). The speed difference with both at 4.3 won't be that significant.

6. GDF thread starter macrumors regular

Nice - get sum brainz?????

Yes, I do expect it to instantly load, like any laptop does. It is not the internet its the iPad and it is

"because when a page was fully loaded and you start scrolling, and it would checkerboard even though the page was loaded. It usually got worse with sites that have lots of pictures."

To me this very disappointing.