Web conferencing tool for Mac+Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macintosh2009, May 21, 2008.

1. macintosh2009 macrumors newbie

Are there any softwares or devices available that supports the conferencing between Mac and Windows systems?

If they are available what is the cost and service charges for the service. Please Share your information and expertise

Thanks

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Video conferencing, or just desktop sharing kind of stuff?

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

From Wikipedia's article on Video conferencing:

Skype does this exactly.

EDIT:

Sorry, I just assumed the OP meant video, maybe LogMeIn is more what s/he is looking for

5. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

6. roneill macrumors newbie

If you're talking about straight up videoconferencing or teleconferencing then I agree with the other posters here that Skype is a fantastic program. I use it when I go overseas to call back home and it works like a charm.

If you're talking about webconferencing and screen-sharing, I truly believe that Glance is one of the best out there. (Full disclosure: I do work for the company that makes it, but I try to not let that sway my judgment too much :p). Glance has the best cross-platform functionality I've seen though, and it's incredibly easy to set up and use so I'd definitely check it out.

7. gothamk macrumors newbie

Hi

Only softwares allows you to connect you between remote appliances and hosts. Hardware are like access points for them.

If you want to use a service for remote conferencing the RHUB remote appliances are best suited for you.

Rhub products allows you to use either mac or windows ot both the devices simultaneously. I have not seen any other product offering this service

you can refer www.rhubcom.com