Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naddigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Hi all,

I've been doing mostly print graphic design work for about 6 years now - with some very light web work (really basic HTML/CSS and kinda clueless PHP manipulation). My newish job in NYC is mostly print but they are taking on more web-based projects (like custom wordpress sites for clients, new pages on the corporate website, etc.) and they've suggested sending me to some classes so that I can fill out my web knowledge - which I'm into because I've tried the learning-from-the-books myself thing and it doesn't really work for me.

The thing is I really have no idea what the decent web design programs or continuing ed courses or web learning academies in the NYC area are (or which type of learning would be the best thing for me)...It would be great to hear from people who have any experience with web-design courses or programs for working professionals in New York City. I'm considering the following (but any other suggestions are welcome):
- sessions college
- noble desktop
- the new school at parsons - continuing ed
- NYU SCPS
- SVA continuing ed

Thanks much!

gyanendra

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2011
starting a Career in Web Design

Every website designer wants to design a website with the best 3D renderings. It seems that website designing has become synonymous to 3D animations. Even a small website owner feels that their customer should get the best facilities when they visit their website. So, for this reason they want to create the most interactive and attractive website. It sounds so simple but the fact is that 3D animation designing is an art which require solid technical skills. Only a trained designer can create magical 3D cartoons, pictures, messages or ads, which can attract more customers towards your business.

So Go through the Google Search and set your criteria and find best web-design academy your self.

Hi all,

I've been doing mostly print graphic design work for about 6 years now - with some very light web work (really basic HTML/CSS and kinda clueless PHP manipulation). My newish job in NYC is mostly print but they are taking on more web-based projects (like custom wordpress sites for clients, new pages on the corporate website, etc.) and they've suggested sending me to some classes so that I can fill out my web knowledge - which I'm into because I've tried the learning-from-the-books myself thing and it doesn't really work for me.

The thing is I really have no idea what the decent web design programs or continuing ed courses or web learning academies in the NYC area are (or which type of learning would be the best thing for me)...It would be great to hear from people who have any experience with web-design courses or programs for working professionals in New York City. I'm considering the following (but any other suggestions are welcome):
- sessions college
- noble desktop
- NYU SCPS
- SVA continuing ed

Thanks much!

LizJ

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
web design courses in new york city

i'd recommend checking out CourseHorse to find a web design class in the city. it's completely free and you can compare and enroll web design classes from multiple providers from all over the city - they feature many of the schools listed above, like Pace, Noble Desktop, General Assembly and many others. The other cool thing is that you get the lowest price guaranteed, plus reward points that give you a discount on your second class, at any school in NYC. I've taken 3 classes and all have been great. Here's link to web design classes in NYC.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Hi all,

- sessions college
- noble desktop
- NYU SCPS
- SVA continuing ed

Thanks much!

Check out Team Treehouse (50% off through my link)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.