Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Killjoy

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 19, 2016
Currently the only thing tying me to a Mac is web design. I've used Rapidweaver for years, with good results, but my iPad Pro handles basically everything else as far as my needs go. The only things I boot up my Macbook pro for these days are web design work, and the occasional photoshop stuff - which I simply haven't bothered to transition over to my iPad yet.

Are there any reliable options for web design on the iPad Pro? I'd really like to move to one device, and honestly prefer my iPad Pro to my Macbook Pro.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Groovemaster17

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
Currently the only thing tying me to a Mac is web design. I've used Rapidweaver for years, with good results, but my iPad Pro handles basically everything else as far as my needs go. The only things I boot up my Macbook pro for these days are web design work, and the occasional photoshop stuff - which I simply haven't bothered to transition over to my iPad yet.

Are there any reliable options for web design on the iPad Pro? I'd really like to move to one device, and honestly prefer my iPad Pro to my Macbook Pro.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Best app is Coda for iOS. Pretty decent for iPad coding.

Beavix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2010
Romania
Coding is possible if you know HTML/CSS/JS. Coda and Textastic are two decent apps for this purpose. However, if you do web design you probably also have to deal with graphics, and that's where things get very ugly on iPad because:

1. Currently there are no good graphics editors for iOS, capable of exporting graphics assets for web with ease.
2. The lack of file management in iOS means you're going to have to jump through hoops just to be able to use the code and the graphics together.

Honestly, it isn't worth it. I tried it and gave up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.