Web design

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jordyh, Jan 12, 2010.

1. jordyh macrumors newbie

Does anyone know a decent (and free/very cheap) app to make pro looking websites? I've had a look at iWeb but not a huge fan (or does anyone know somewhere to get iWeb templates?)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Some people like RapidWeaver but honestly templates can only take you so far. In my opinion you're better off learning to code by hand... the possibilities open up much further that way.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You should take a look through the stickies in the Web Design and Development forum for some options. Any text editor will let you make a professional looking web site, but it requires knowledge of the languages. If you don't, you're best off using templates you can buy or download for free.

4. jordyh thread starter macrumors newbie

I just need to make a fairly simple site for my brother, not getting into making many so learning code isn't really an option. Anywhere to get decent rapidweaver templates?

5. katy macrumors member

What sort of site? What about Wordpress.org? There are many many templates for that

6. jordyh thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a business so not a blog. Basically just a couple of pages (about us, contact us etc..) and to look fairly pro