Web Dev. IDEs in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by CANEHDN, Sep 6, 2009.

1. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Now that Snow Leopard has been released, I want to see what everyone is using for a PHP, HTML, JS, CSS IDE. I use Dreamweaver but I was curious to see what other programs people use. One feature I need is creating sites and having FTP access to the server. Which ones do you guys use that has this ability? I want to find a better one that would hopefully get me away from Dreamweaver.

2. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

I'll start off using Dreamweaver for the initial design/coding stage.
    Afterwards, if there are any quick edits that need to be made, I'll switch over to textmate since its so nicely integrated with Cyberduck(FTP program). For any major changes I'll switch back to Dreamweaver.

Everything else I'll use textmate with the exception of Actionscript, for which I use eclipse, well actually flex builder now since the flex plugin for eclipse doesn't seem to be working.

I would probably stick to just using textmate+eclipse+Cyberduck, if it weren't for the fact that I really enjoy the code-hinting, as well as other features and had purchased dreamweaver prior to getting textmate.

I like coda alot too but I've already purchased all this other stuff so I can't justify getting it!:(
    It has a built-in FTP program so that might be just what you're looking for.

3. Joined:
    Jun 30, 2009
    CoDA is bug free, powerful, cheap (compared to the $400 Dreamweaver), and has been updated for Snow Leopard compatibility. The bugs in DW are killing me off.

Not to mention CoDA is still at version 1.6, while DW has a whole history behind it (CS3 and CS4 are only ports of the Windows equivalents, which are 10 version old).

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The change to Snow Leopard doesn't change anything for web designers/developers. I'll continue on with BBEdit for everything. It has integrated FTP/SFTP functionality among other things. Even its free counterpart TextWrangler can do it.