Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyjamesnelson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2003
Jacob's house
Hey I'm looking to put a image loading window on a page but I don't know how to do it all...

I want the window to be able to load new images when clicked directly onto and take point from nav links beside it. I would also like the window to be able to change the images itself in some kind of slideshow type mode (but I dont actually want to images to slide as such).

How hard are such things to implement? Do I need to know flash or is it all Java script? Can I use pre-existing code and drop it into my site - then position it with css?

Thanks. Andy

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Most of them are JavaScript based. I have one actually, but I haven't gotten around to adding navigation buttons to move to other images. One of the scripts that started this craze is LightBox (version 2).

Which Lightbox is right for you?

Here's a list of 27 LightBox clones to choose from.

They vary in difficulty to install. Mine is easy, just add a single script tag, but a lot of the others seem to require you to add multiple scripts and also change your HTML. Just look through them to see what would work best for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.