Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sadcaper

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
I'm looking at web hosting options and I'm deciding between ASO (a small orange) and thinkhost. Thinkhost seems to have some good practices around being earth friendly. Plus they are priced competitevely.

I know ASO is looked highly upon here just not sure about thinkhost. Any input would help.
Thanks!

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Best deal and best service I've ever tried has been SiteGround, who've hosted a few websites for me for the past few years. On the rare occasion that my service has felt slower than normal (I've never had the site go down completely at all), within a day or two I've gotten an email from them saying my site was not performing optimally and they were moving me to a newer, better, fast server, usually also providing more storage (now moot, I have unlimited storage) and other new features. Never once have they raised the prices on me either, despite these upgrades.

Link that lists me as a referrer: SiteGround.com
Direct link: SiteGround.com

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but if you PM me, I've got some $20 off coupons I can email. Anyone interested is welcome to one, as long as I have them available.

If you're set between the two you brought up, I've heard quite a few good things about ASO, but little about Thinkhost.

jW

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Dreamhost has been extra reliable for me lately (past few months). Still a great deal thats hard to beat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.