Web Hosting Control Panel for OS X

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by smartmoney, Jun 25, 2015.

1. smartmoney macrumors newbie

Is there an alternative like Cpanel for Linux for the Mac? I see this blog post by macminicolo http://blog.macminicolo.net/post/47038825502/50-ways-to-use-your-server
    about zpanel (http://www.zpanelcp.com/) but i cannot find how to install on the mac.

OK now reasons why,
    I want to run my company website on it
    I want to run my family members websites on it. I have used cpanel and i want that simplistic system for them)
    YES i have a static IP
    Yes this will be installed in a colo location (I co-own a wisp and it will be in my NOC)
    Because i want to
    I don't like/know Linux very well
    I want the other benefits of a mac operating system
    I DON'T trust Windows

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

@smartmoney To my knowledge, OS X Server offers an easy to use website hosting tool.

3. hurleyint1386 macrumors member

A popular once used to be ZPanelCP, but I'm not sure if that's that case any more. Another is Webmin.

4. smartmoney thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks hurleyint1386 i would love to "in house" try this but i cannot find anywhere on "how to install" on a mac.

5. Geeky Chimp macrumors member

Firstly, I think you're making a sensible choice to go for OS X Server rather than Windows or Linux. We've just replaced a large number of our Windows servers with Mac Mini's running OS X Server. So far so good.

The OS X Server App is a really easy way to manage the web server role.

We aren't running a control panel, but allow users FTP access for static html sites or have WordPress sites for users who want a CMS.

I know of a local dev company who spoke to us regarding a project they've started for an OS X Server Web Management Panel but I'm sure how far they've got with it.