Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tucom

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
I'm possibly going to be taking Web Development and Management classes in college (starting college a couple years late), and I'm currently running a 2006 Mac Pro 1,1 with OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard with Google Chrome.

I am wondering if that this will be completely fine for web management and development or if I'll need to upgrade to 10.7 Lion? Snow Leopard is stuck with an older version of Safari, but with Chrome I'm hoping that won't be an issue.

However would it be worth upgrading to Lion for any new features that would help me with my college courses?

Thanks

ezramoore

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2006
Washington State
As long as you can keep your browser up to date, and have enough horsepower to run any applications you might need (like Illustator/Photoshop and something like Dreamweaver, if you go that route), then you will be fine.

And that Mac Pro should do most of that just fine.

Tucom

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
As long as you can keep your browser up to date, and have enough horsepower to run any applications you might need (like Illustator/Photoshop and something like Dreamweaver, if you go that route), then you will be fine.

And that Mac Pro should do most of that just fine.

That's what I'm wondering is if I need the more current version of Safari on Lion or is the Snow Leopard Safari 5 perfectly fine?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.