Web page connectivity

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by xwing1971, Feb 20, 2009.

1. xwing1971 macrumors member

I have a really good one. I've just built a new webpage on Yahoo. I can see it on my PC, on the same network, but my mac can't. I can't see it with safari or firefox. It doesn't even try to connect and says 'cannot connect to server'. I've never had a problem connecting to ANY website on this mac. I've flushed the cache, reset safari, and even switched to open dns. Nothing. Any ideas? This one is perplexing.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. MAGICMOXTER macrumors regular

The website works fine, there should be no reason the mac cant connect to it, have you tried clicking on your own link above?

Its certainly nothing to do with your DNS, all your whois checks out fine too.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It opened quick and fine for me on my MacBook in Firefox. I'd suggest rebooting your computer as well as any router you may have.

5. xwing1971 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. I've actually rebooted the cable modem, router and Mac, but still no luck. I'm thinking it may have something to do with either peer guardian or transmission. It is wierd, though. Every other website works, but that one. And, when I ping the website, it says no route to host. But, my PC on the same router can see the site, as well as my iPhone. I mean, what in this world???

6. xwing1971 thread starter macrumors member

Fixed

Okay, I fixed it. Believe it or not, it WAS something to do with Peer Guardian and Transmission. I deleted them, rebooted, and now the website appears. Go figure! May be something to remember, though.